Wednesday, August 11, 2010

8/11/10

There is just a ton of information that I've absorbed today and yesterday about some (what seems to be) very basic online resources.  Yesterday, I explored RSS feeds and I'm in love with my Google reader.  I can take in much more news, blog posts and pictures than I ever could without it.  I also checked out the iGoogle but, to be honest, I can take it or leave it.  Once again, I signed up for Twitter, this time for the purpose of this class. I don't see it becoming a huge tool for me.  Diigo, however, is definitely something I'll take with me.

Today, we learned about media plagiarism, blogs and more Google tools.  As an English major, I've always been very cautious about making sure I don't plagiarize, but reviewing the actual US copyright laws has been a bit of an eye opener.  It's interesting to see how we, as online users, have more rights than we dare use.  The idea of transforming someone's work into something else and publishing with the full backing of Fair Use is quite new to me. 

Blogging should be fun for me.  As you can see, I've jumped headfirst into a little blogging project of my own.  Hopefully I haven't bitten off more than I can chew.  We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amber! I agree today was definitely an eye opener in regards to how we can legally use copyrighted material. Now that I know the correct way to use copyrighted material, I'm excited with the possibilities I now have for creating class projects that are fun and educational for my students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm excited as well! I'll definitely have to keep up with the changing laws in this matter so I can make use of it myself.

    ReplyDelete