Thursday, August 19, 2010

Google me this

So we learned about Google docs in class today, which was definitely interesting. I especially like the forms you can create with Google. There is a lot of recent bad press surrounding Google, though, and it makes me wonder how much I should allow myself to depend on this company. I have realized that a large portion of this technology class has focused on Google. I wonder if educational technology is destined to tangle itself irrevocably with Google, or not.

Our group movie is going really well. I had to leave for work as the rest of my group was working on finishing touches, but I have seen all of the footage and it's pretty exciting. Because of our initial idea of "passing" the computer around, we only had straight on shots for our first part. However, we worked with WALLDO shots today for our conclusion, and the results are pretty interesting. We even have bloopers, they're funny. Hopefully, this movie will convey our dedication to providing a quality education to our students and our easy-going personalities. I do believe I will get to bed early (for me, during this class) and work on my ISTE tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amber. What kind of bad press is surrounding Google? I know they are a multi million company that is making our world smaller and smaller and maybe in the meantime destroying all uniqueness that's left, BUT they seem SSSOOO helpful. In a scary, let me share every second of my life with the world kind of way. We won't depend... we'll utilize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dana,
    Google has been bringing cameras out into the streets and photographing people for this new program that they are launching. There is a huge privacy concern from people who don't want to be photographed. Plus they found out that the company had been collecting information from unsecured wifi networks while doing this. There are a few countries that are investigating this invasion of privacy. You can look for the news about it online although, to avoid irony, I used Yahoo as a search engine.

    ReplyDelete