Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Day of Class

On Monday (8/9/10), I attended my first EDT 520 class (Technology in Education).  Here is a brief reflection from that day: 

I learned a ton of information from the two Did You Know presentations that we watched in class. The presentations showed me that technology is getting to be an enormous part of our lives. The presentations, however, left me with one question: What percentage of the world population does not participate with technology? However, the rest of the presentations were very informative and gave me an understanding of how important it will be for me to include the participation of technology in my future classroom. They also scared me a little; I did not first consider the work it would require for me to stay up-to-date with technology. The presentations showed how fast technology changes.
I also learned how to navigate Moodle a little better and some of the concepts behind these blogging and information sharing websites. I come into this class with little to no background with blogging. The technology standards were very informative and I look forward to looking them over to gain a better grasp of them.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your video... was he Mark Twain?
    I thought those two videos were riveting and yet another example of how messed up our education system is. Lets fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he looked like Mark Twain so I said he was :) The videos are great, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete